Could you imagine waiting 94 hours for a reply?
Well, that’s what happened to us.
This article is a case study about how VPN services treat their customers. We will go through the 51 most popular VPN services and reveal how much time it takes for a new potential customer to get a reply.
How Long Are You Willing to Wait for a Response?
Arise conducted a Google consumer survey of over 1,500 consumers in 2017 to figure out what is the expected consumer response time.
Consumers were asked:
“In what amount of time would you expect a response after you contact customer service?”
They could choose from 5 time frames:
- within 1 hour
- longer than 1 hour, but within 24 hours.
- longer than 24 hours, but within 48 hours.
- longer than 48 hours.fould you imagine waiting for a reply for 94 hours?
The results were stunning and it’s no wonder that you get pissed off when no one answers within 24h, because you are not alone.
- Most people (44%) expect a response within 24h.
- 21% demand answers more quickly than 1h.
- About 16% want a response immediately.
- Thankfully for businesses, there are also more patient clients out there. About 15% are OK with waiting 2 days and the real gentlemen (4%) can handle longer than 48 hours.
As most consumers take a 24-hour reply for granted, how did VPN services perform based on expectations?
We sent 51 e-mails with a few simple questions to VPN services.
Not only was the latest response 94 hours, but some services didn’t respond at all! Imagine that you just bought a subscription from them and they didn’t respond. How would you feel?
Would you unsubscribe and ask for a refund?
Here are the results:
The top 3 performers were AirVPN, VPN Unlimited, and Windscribe. Great job! Nonetheless, we cannot fully recommend these, as their safety features are not good. The fastest responding safe VPN is ExpressVPN, occupying the 8th place.
What are your experiences with VPN customer service?